About Joe & Judy
Over the years, they’ve photographed and shared friendship and fellowship with thousands of clients. That truly is the most cherished part of their life as portrait artists.
Here are a few lesser-known facts about Joe & Judy.
- They really truly enjoy their chosen occupation. It’s the “people” part that’s best.
- Married 39ish years. They met when Judy was only 16, Joe was 21. Big gap at that age, but kept in touch. Started dating 3 years later and married within a year.
- Been working as a couple for 35 plus years and still “blissfully” married.
- Judy and Joe are planning to switch places in the next life. Believers in the saying “Paybacks are a b_ _ _ _!”, it serves to maximize spiritual growth in this one. Ha!!!
- Judy was a UPS driver for 8 years. They are most grateful to UPS and the maternity benefits.
- Joe was the “stay at home dad” as the family grew and they started the portrait and wedding photography business in their home.
- They are quite proud of their 4 children. All different. All fun. All moved out, repeatedly! And now the oldest, Andrew, works with them in the studio.
- 6 wonderfully unique grandchildren and counting. (But no hurry, Matt and Barb! Enjoy your simple life… and dog.)
- Joe’s middle name is Gunnar, after his maternal grandfather, Gunnar Hansen. A Danish immigrant and a gentle soul.
- Judy’s middle name is Anthony. She is also an accomplished, talented and passionate artist artist. JudithAnthonyJohnston.com
- Judy walked the famed Camino de Santiago pilgrimage trail in 2013. Then in 2017 she walked a sizable portion of the Camino that runs up through Portugal. Feel free to ask her about her experience. She loves to share.
- Joe’s birthday is on September 19th. National “Talk like a pirate day”. That’s right, “Avast me hearties!” “What be a pirates favorite letter of the alphabet? Ye may think it be “Rrr”, but always it will be the “C”!!!”
Please keep in touch.
Facebook (friend/follow us here)
Studio Facebook Page (Like)